LR Welcomes International Students!
If you’re an international student …
here’s what you’ll need to submit to apply to LR
- A complete an application for admission. You can do this by clicking on this link:  Undergraduate Application for Admission  Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable check or money order for $35 payable to Lenoir-Rhyne University for processing the application.
- At least one of the following proofs of English proficiency if English is not your native language. Photocopy of grade report showing completion of a college-level English composition course with a grade of "C" or higher at a regionally accredited US college or university. Photocopy of transcript showing completion of an A.A., B.S./B.A. or higher degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university. Indicate degree(s) earned on your application. Score report showing a score of 550 or higher on the written version, 213 or higher on the computerized version, or 79 or higher on the Internet (iBT) version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Have a copy of your score sent directly to the LRU Admissions office (undergraduate) and School of Graduate and Continuing Education (graduate programs).
- Completed Certificate of Financial Responsibility certified by a bank official, attorney or notary public verifying your statements:
--Certificate of Financial Responsibility - P. 1 [PDF]
--Certificate of Financial Responsibility - P. 2 [PDF]
- We require that all international students submit an evaluated course by course copy of their transcript to be considered for admissions. You may send transcripts and credentials from foreign universities to a Credential Evaluation Service approved by LRU. Here are some of the Evaluation Services we recommend to our students:
- Head Evaluator International Education Evaluations, Inc. 7900 Matthews-Mint Hill Rd., Suite 300 Charlotte, NC 28227 Phone: (704)772-0109 Fax: (704)545-2484 www.foreigntranscripts.com
- Office of International Education Services American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite #520 Washington, DC 20046-1135 www.aacrao.org E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (202)296-3359 Fax: (202)872-8857
- World Education Services Post Office Box 57206 Washington, D.C. 20037-7206 www.wes.org E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (202)331-2925 Fax: (202)331-2927
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. Post Office Box 92970 Milwaukee, WI 53202-0970 www.ece.org E-mail: Imartinez@ece.org Phone: (414)289-3400 Fax: (414)289-3411
Once admitted we required each student submit a Student Health/Immunization Record - Following your acceptance to LR, this form must be presented when you arrive on campus. Download the form here: Student Health Center.
For Fall - June 1
For Spring - October 1
For Summer - March 1