Advanced Certificate in Christian Counseling
The Advanced Certificate Program in Counseling from a Christian Perspective integrates sound counseling techniques and professional ethical practice within a Christian framework. The Program is designed for Counselors or Clergy who desire to use a faith-based clinical practice in a formal way.
Admission Requirements for the Advanced Certificate Program
To be considered for admission to the Advanced Certificate Program an individual must meet one of the criteria:
1. Hold a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Counseling and have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; OR
2. Hold a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in a closely related discipline. Certain co-requisites may be required depending on previous graduate coursework completed; OR
3. Be a Master's degree student in Counseling at Lenoir-Rhyne University who is in good standing and has completed a minimum of 36 semester hours (of which must include COU 505 Counseling Theories, COU 530 Counseling Techniques, and COU 525 Professional and Ethical Issues in Counseling) in his/her degree program.
In addition, please complete the following:
1. Submit a scholarly written statement of his/her Counseling Philosophy that includes a rationale for applying to the Advanced Certificate Program in Christian Counseling.
2. Successfully complete an individual interview with a panel of designated faculty.
Tell me more
Request information from one of our admission staff »
Take Charge of Tomorrow Apply Today