Master of Science in Athletic Training
Instructions for Graduate Application
Summer Deadline: February 15
Please consider sending in as much of your application materials together as possible. All materials can be sent to: Lenoir-Rhyne University Division of Enrollment Management LR Box 7227 Hickory, NC 28603.
To consider for admission, submit the following:
1. A completed and signed graduate application. You can get the application one of two ways:
- Call 800-277-5721 or 828-328-7300 to request an application be mailed to you
- Click Here to Apply Online
2. A non-refundable $35 application fee. You can complete this one of two ways:
- Click here to submit your application fee online
- Mail a check or money order to Lenoir-Rhyne University at the address listed above
3. Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
4. Submit official copy of GRE or MAT test scores (unless career track admission applies)*
5. Submit, in sealed envelopes, three (3) Recommendation Forms completed by professionals attesting to your ability [PDF].
6. Submit signed copy of Technical Standards for Admission [PDF].
7. Submit documentation of a minimum of 75 observational hours with a certified Athletic Trainer.
8. Submit proof of Emergency Cardiac Care certification as defined by the BOC.
9. Complete and submit a Prerequisite Completion Form [PDF].
10. Submit a writing sample clearly articulating goals and life experiences that have impacted your decision to pursue a graduate degree in Athletic Training.
*Our Career Track option gives students admission consideration for their professional experience beyond college. Students must have graduated from an accredited bachelors program at least 6 years ago to qualify.