- The Graduate School
- M.A. in Community College Administration
- M.A. in Counseling
- M.A. in Liberal Studies
- M.A. in Religious Studies
- M.A. in Teaching
- M.A. in Writing
- MBA Master of Business Administration
- M.P.H. Master of Public Health
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- M.S. in Nursing
- M.S. in Occupational Therapy
- M.S. in Online Teaching & Instructional Design
- M.S. in Sustainability Studies
- M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies
- Dietetic Internship
- M.A. in Human Services
- M.A. in Leadership
- Apply Now
- Application Requirements
- Forms and Instructions
- Graduate Studies On Tour
- Graduate Assistantships
- Request Information
- Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville
- LTSS (Seminary)
- Financial Aid
- Guide to Admissions & Enrollment
- Graduate Student Organization
- LR Partners Program
- The Alumni Advantage
Instructions for Application for Hickory, Asheville, and Distance
Lenoir-Rhyne University accepts applications through the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). Please go to https://portal.dicas.org to begin your application process. We automatically consider you for admission to our Master of Public Health program with your Dietetic Internship application materials. 12 of the 18 Dietetic Internship program credit hours go towards Lenoir-Rhyne University's Master of Public Health.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- A grade of B on all recommended DPD prerequisite courses. If you have made a grade lower than a B in any DPD prerequisite courses, please provide a written explanation in your required essays.
Instructions for Application
DICAS will begin taking applications on December 9, 2013, for the Spring 2014 match. The application deadline is February 15, 2014, for the Fall 2014 entry term.
Submitting an application to our program involves three steps:
- Submission of application materials through the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service (DICAS)
- Submission of supplemental information and a $35.00 application fee to Lenoir-Rhyne University. This fee may be mailed to Lenoir-Rhyne University, Division of Enrollment Management, PO Box 7227, Hickory, NC, 28603, or paid online at http://businessoffice.lr.edu/payment-options.
- Registration with D&D Digital and prioritization of the program for matching
Step 1. DICAS Application
- Submit a completed application through DICAS (https://portal.dicas.org). You will not need to submit another application to Lenoir-Rhyne.
- The fee to submit an application through DICAS is $40.00 for the first application and $20.00 for each additional application.
- Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
- Include a verification statement indicating completion of required coursework from an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), or a "Declaration of Intent" if DPD courses are still in progress. Your DPD Director will review and approve this verification electronically through DICAS.
- Include a self-reported copy of your test scores.
- Submit three (3) Recommendations completed by professionals attesting to your ability.
- Submit a CV or Resume.
- Upload a document answering the following questions. Please limit your response to 250 words or less per question. You may also address these questions in your personal statement.
- Explain your interest in Lenoir-Rhyne University's Dietetic Internship program.
- What are your short term and long term professional and educational goals?
- What skills or talents do you possess that will enrich Lenoir-Rhyne's Dietetic Internship program?
9. Students applying to the distance option must upload a signed statement from their proposed clinical rotation preceptor which documents willingness to precept the student if their application to the program is accepted.
Step 2. Submit the following directly to Lenoir-Rhyne University:
- Official GRE scores sent to Enrollment Management, LR Box 7227 Hickory NC 28603. GRE scores are not required for those students who have earned a master's degree or will complete one prior to the internship program start.
- A non-refundable $35.00 application fee. Mail to Lenoir-Rhyne University, Division of Enrollment Management, PO Box 7227, Hickory, NC, 28603, or pay online at http://businessoffice.lr.edu/payment-options.
- If applicant is currently enrolled in school, final transcripts must be sent to the above address.
- If accepted into the Solmaz Institute Dietetic Internship program, an original, signed verification statement from your DPD program will be required prioir to the program start.
Step 3. Register with D&D Digital and rank the program for computer matching:
- Applicants must register with http://www.dnddigital.com/)">D&D Digital and prioritize the program for computer matching.
- There is a $50.00 fee to register with D&D Digital.
- The deadline for submitting matching information online through D&D Digital for April 2014 matching is February 15, 2014.
Take Charge of Tomorrow Apply Today