M.S. in Occupational Therapy
Instructions for Graduate Application
Application deadline (completed application due):
- January 31
Please consider sending in as much of your application materials together as possible. All materials can be sent to: Lenoir-Rhyne University Division of Enrollment Management LR Box 7227 Hickory, NC 28603.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE scores meeting the following criteria: Verbal score in the 40th percentile, Quantitative score in the 35th percentile, and an Analytical writing score of a 3.5 or higher
- No grade lower than a B- on all required prerequisite courses
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
1. A completed and signed graduate application. You can get the application one of two ways:
- Call 800-277-5721 or 828-328-7300 to request an application be mailed to you
- Click Here to Apply Online
2. A non-refundable $35 application fee. You can complete this one of two ways:
- Click here to submit your application fee online
- Mail a check or money order to Lenoir-Rhyne University at the address listed above
3. Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
4. Submit official copy of GRE test scores
5. Submit, in sealed envelopes, three (3) Recommendation Forms completed by professionals attesting to your ability, 2 of which must come from OT practitioners. [PDF]
Note: All students requesting recommendations for the application process need to have references indicate their title/position and specifically the number of hours of observation. Students are encouraged to independently log their own hours in order to make this information readily available for the individual writing the letter of reference.
6. Submit a written essay limited to 750 words describing your perception of the field of OT and your fit with the profession.
7. Complete the Prerequisite Completion Form. [PDF] You may want to read the Descriptions of the Ethics and Cultural Diversity Prerequisites. If you are still unsure, you may request information on the Prerequisite Inquiry Form.
8. A criminal background check completed via certifiedbackground.com. Our code is EN52R.