Master of Arts in Teaching
Instructions for Graduate Application for Hickory and Asheville
Hickory Application Priority Deadline: March 1 for the Summer 2014 Cohort.
Asheville Applications are accepted year round for Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE minimum scores of: 147 on each the verbal and quantitative sections and a 3.5 on the analytical section; or
- an MAT minimum score of a 390; or
- Praxis I minimum scores of Reading 176, Writing 173, and Math 173
- Click Here to Apply Online, or call 800-277-5721 or 828-328-7300 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Click here to submit your non-refundable $35.00 application fee online, or mail a check or money order to the address above.
Application Materials Needed:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended
- Official copy of GRE, MAT, or Praxis I test scores
- The short-answer question and essay [PDF]
- A criminal background check through www.certifiedbackground.com using code EO50
In addition to the required documentation for a completed application, the following may also be requested:
- An interview with the admissions committee
- Content area testing
- Letters of Recommendation [PFD]
Please email the essay and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts and test scores should be sent to: Lenoir-Rhyne University Division of Enrollment Management LR Box 7227 Hickory, NC 28603. Thank you for your interest in Lenoir-Rhyne University!