Master of Arts in Teaching
Instructions for Graduate Application
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2013 for the Summer 2013 entry term
The Master of Arts in Teaching Program will be offered at Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory and the Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville.
Please consider sending in as much of your application materials together as possible. All materials can be sent to: Lenoir-Rhyne University Division of Enrollment Management LR Box 7227 Hickory, NC 28603.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE or MAT scores meeting the following criteria: 390 or higher MAT minimum; 150 or higher in the GRE verbal and quantitative sections and a 3.5 or higher on the GRE writing section.
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
1. A completed and signed graduate application. You can get the application one of two ways:
- Call 800-277-5721 or 828-328-7300 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Click Here to Apply Online
2. A $35 non-refundable application fee. You can complete this one of two ways:
- Click here to submit your application fee online.
- Mail a check or money order to Lenoir-Rhyne University at the address listed above.
3. Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
4. Submit official copy of GRE or MAT test scores.
5. Submit, in sealed envelopes, three (3) Recommendation Forms completed by professionals attesting to your ability. [PDF]
6. Submit the supplemental application, including essays.
7. Submit a criminal background report through www.certifiedbackground.com. Our code is EO50.
In addition to the required documentation for a completed application, the following are also required:
1. An interview with the admissions committee (to be determined).
2. Content area testing may be required.