- Admissions Home
- Request Information
- Meet the Staff
- See the Campus
- LR on Tour
- Admissions Requirements [PDF]
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Transfer Students
- Graduate Programs
- What's Hickory Really Like?
- High School Programs
- Study Abroad/Int'l Students
- Lifelong Learning
- RIBN Program
- Exchange Students
- En Español
Lifelong Learning Program
The Lifelong Learning (LLL) program at Lenoir-Rhyne University is designed to serve the needs of area adult and/or non-traditional students who because of other life responsibilities need to progress at a pace consistent with these obligations. LLL students at Lenoir-Rhyne are students who require evening or more conveniently scheduled courses, although they may select classes at any time during the day.
Lifelong Learners will be considered for admission upon meeting the requirements specified below. It is the student’s responsibility to submit the following:
- A completed, accurate application for undergraduate admission and a non-refundable $35 application fee
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended
- An official high school transcript and official SAT or ACT scores if less than 30 semester or 45 quarter hours have been attempted
- Proof of eligibility to be considered for the LLL program. Candidates must be at least six years removed from high school graduation AND meet at least one of the following criteria:
- At least two years of full time professional employment in which one does not attend college
- At least two years of living independently, e.g. not living with parents/guardians or in any college
- At least two years of full-time military
- Have a family and children of one’s own
Students who begin at Lenoir-Rhyne classified as traditional students and continue uninterrupted may not change their classification to Lifelong Learning. LifeLong Learning students are charged tuition at a discounted rate provided they remain registered for less than 13 credit hours. If the student enrolls in more than 12 credit hours, standard tuition charges will apply (see tuition rates for applicable charges).
There are two majors designed especially for LLL students:
Liberal Studies (B.A.) and Professional Organizational Development (POD) Program (B.S.).
The Liberal Studies major is unique to Lenoir-Rhyne in that students complete the LR core courses and a series of seminars especially related to the University's common learning goals. It also includes an experiential/service learning component. The Business Administration Professional Organizational Development degree provides adult learners with a general business degree and/or prepares them for completion of the MBA at Lenoir-Rhyne.
For those students wishing to complete a degree entirely in the evening, there are limited additional majors, such as Accounting, Birth-Kindergarten Education, Child & Family Intervention; and Gateway Nursing. However, the student who can take day or evening courses, may choose any of the majors that are offered by the University.
For more information contact:
(828) 328-7300 or 1-800-277-5721
Office of Admissions & Financial Aid
P.O. Box 7227
Hickory, NC 28603
Take Charge of Tomorrow Apply Today