Teacher Licensure Applicants
Instructions for Graduate and Licensure Application
Applications are reviewed year round by the following deadlines:
Fall Semester: August 1
Spring Semester: December 1
Summer Semester: May 1
Please consider sending in as much of your application materials together as possible. All materials can be sent to: Lenoir-Rhyne University Division of Enrollment Management LR Box 7227 Hickory, NC 28603.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- All sections of the Praxis must be passed in order to gain admission to the licensure program if the applicant does not already hold an initial teaching license. If the applicant holds a current license, a copy of that license should be provided in the application.
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
1. A completed and signed graduate application. You can get the application one of three ways:
- Call 800-277-5721 or 828-328-7300 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Click Here to Apply Online
2. A $35 non-refundable application fee. You can complete this one of two ways:
- Click here to submit your application fee online.
- Mail a check or money order to Lenoir-Rhyne University at the address listed above.
3. Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
4. Submit a copy of your Praxis I score
5. Submit, in sealed envelopes, three (3) Recommendation Forms completed by professionals attesting to your ability. Click Here to download the Recommendation Form in PDF.
6. Submit a writing sample clearly articulating goals and life experiences that have impacted your decision to pursue a graduate degree in Licensure.
7. Submit a copy of your lateral entry license, if applicable