Master of Arts in Counseling
Counselor of the Year. Dean of a top notch graduate school. These are just a few of the accomplishments of our counseling graduates. And we want you to join them as our next success story.
With a Master of Arts in Counseling degree from Lenoir-Rhyne University, you can help others work through their challenges and reach a healthier state of mind. Our program will educate you in areas from group counseling and substance abuse treatment to marriage and family therapy. Our goal is for you to be a well-rounded professional through the experiences you will gain in the classroom and the community. What makes our program unique? Read on.
- 2 degree options: Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling
- A certificate in Counseling from a Christian Perspective
- Non-cohort based course delivery, meaning a flexible schedule at your own pace
- Traditional and career track admission giving students more than one way to be admitted
- 2 convenient locations: Lenoir-Rhyne in Hickory and the Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville
Take the program at your own pace, whether that is part time or full tilt. Here are some highlights of what you need to know:
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling: 61 credit hours
- School Counseling: 52 credit hours
- Flexible format for classes being either in the evening, on weekends, or hybrid (half online, half in class) formats
- At the end of the program, you'll be prepared for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or School Counselor
Tell me more
Request information from one of our admission staff »
Sign up for an Open House for Hickory or Asheville here »
How to Apply
Application requirements, and all you need to know to apply»
About the program
Visit the program website to learn more»
Come to a Graduate School Open House.