Master of Arts in Teaching
No License Required.
As a student in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program, you will be equipped to Rise up as an educator for the leaders of tomorrow. The program provides our students greater depth in content area, extended engagement in public school classrooms, and skill development in teaching instruction. How? By enhancing your existing content knowledge with training and expertise in the art of teaching. What makes our program unique? Read on.
How to Apply
Application requirements and all you need to know to apply »
Prepare to dive right in! Here are some highlights of what you need to know:
- Accelerated program allows you to gain licensure quickly, while also gaining experience in the field
- 2 convenient locations: Lenoir-Rhyne in Hickory and the Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville
- In Hickory, get hands on experience with summer symposium courses and residency work during the school year to obtain High School licensure
- In Asheville, work at your own pace for Middle School and High School Licensure
- Licensure in Social Studies, Language Arts, Mathematics, or Science
- 36 credit hours total
- Involved and engaging faculty with extensive experience in teaching
Come to a Graduate School Open House.