M.A. in Writing: Admissions Requirements
August 1st for Fall, December 1st for Spring, and May 1st for Summer
The Division of Enrollment Management receives all applications for admission to graduate study.
Applicants on average meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- GRE or MAT scores:
- MAT score of a 390 or higher OR
- GRE verbal score in the 40th percentile, and
- GRE quantitative score in the 35th percentile, and
- GRE analytical writing score of a 3.5
To be considered for admission, submit the following:
- Graduate Application
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Official GRE or MAT scores (unless career track applies)*
- Essay articulating reasons for pursuing the program
- Resume or sample of writing ability to highlight your body of work
- Three recommendations of the applicant’s choice
*The career track option is a unique opportunity where students are given consideration for their professional experience beyond college. Student must have graduated from a bachelors program a minimum of six years ago in order to qualify. For students who meet this criteria, the GRE or MAT scores are waived for the MA in Writing program.